Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What do you think installing camera in classroom?

I'm writing an essay about CCTV. The Ministry of Education announced that safefy video cameras are expected to be installed in all school zones starting in 2009. It is aimed at protecting children from kidnappers and other threats(school violence and safety acciednts) to their safety.

I'm totally agree with installing cameras in school zones. But my quesition is installing CCTV in classroom.
As a mother I am sometimes curious about what my daugther doing there.
As a teacher I feel uncomfortable under surveillance.

It's a hard decision. right?
What do you think installing camera in classroom?

4 comments:

  1. I'm also curious about my children but I don't want to see that. And I'm really uncomfortable with cameras in the classroom. So I disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too. Kelly.
    I'm really uncomfortable to be exposed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It shouldn't be permitted.
    We teachers don't feel free under the surveillance.
    I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sophie,
    I have an objection to cameras to watch everyone. I think we need to solve the problems behind crime rather than just look for the criminals. If people are kidnapping kids then it's because they need medical help and we should be researching for cures to mental illnesses.

    ReplyDelete